Distinctness of Image Gloss Meter
Marvelous coincidence with visual perception in the high gloss range
Ideal for quality control of painted, coated, plastic finished and other glossy surfaces and in enameling and coating processes, etc.
- Readings: in Gd gloss index number, well corresponding to visual perception
- Measuring range: 0.1 to 2.0 Gd
- Light source: Small bulb 2.5V 0.3A x 4 pcs.
- Power source: D (or R20) dry batteries x 4 pcs.
- Dimensions & weight: 22(W) x 17(D) x 14(H) cm, Net about 2.6kg
By means of 4 light sources, a test pattern is uniformly illuminated, which is directed at a sample surface by means of mirrors, and then the image reflected from this surface can be seen through an eyepiece to decide the Gd value.
Gd is a unit of index which the Japan Color Research Institute established to express distinctness of image gloss. This index coincides well with the classification values on an eye test chart.